Certificate II in Tourism (SIT20116)
Click the headings below to reveal information
If you would like to view the List A and List B page please click HERE.
There is no prerequisite.
If you would like to see the Prerequisites page please click HERE.
Certificate II in Tourism is a nationally recognised certificate. This qualification provides a pathway to work in many hospitality, tourism and travel industry sectors and for a diverse range of employers as well as for further education and training.
At the time of print the following units of competency will be studied.
Units of Competency
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel
|SITXCCS003||Interact with customers||5|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity||20|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices||15|
|SITXCCS002||Provide visitor information||20|
|SITXCCS001||Provide customer information and assistance||20|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety||15|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee||30|
|BSBITU201||Produce simple word processed documents||40|
|SITHIND001||Use hygienic practices for hospitality service||15|
|SITHFAB002||*Provide responsible service of alcohol||20|
*This qualification becomes current once the student turns 18 years of age
These hours are nominal and do not reflect actual hours of required study by a student. The certificate is attainable over two years of study and is equivalent to one subject selection in Year 11 and one in Year 12.
- Possible occupations include those within the hospitality, travel and hospitality industry.
- The Certificate and/or Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units will be recognised by any Polytechnic College or other Registered Training Organisation nationally.
- A yearly fee is charged for resources, ingredients, excursions and external assessing. The fee for 2021 is set at $150.
- LINK TO TRAINING.GOV.AU CERTIFICATE ll IN TOURISM CAN BE FOUND HERE
- Over the course of Year 11 and 12, students visit the Visitor Information Centre, iCity Kiosk, Perth Mint and Bell Tower. They also travel to the Swan Valley and visit the Margaret River Chocolate Company, Providore, Morish Nuts, Mondo Nougart Factory and Yahava KoffeeWorks. In addition, there is a presentation and tour of Fiori Coffee followed by lunch at the Oakover Grounds Café which is a part of Oakover Estate. A tour of the Fremantle Prison and lunch at one of the iconic restaurants in Fremantle is also undertaken. All excursion costs are included in the fee set for the Certificate.
Certificate II in Tourism
We chose to do Certificate II in Tourism because it is a great subject to have for future jobs as it allows you to complete your Barista course and RSA which will help us to get a part time job during school or after we leave school. The Certificate in Tourism provides experience in the hospitality and tourism area and also allows us to gain knowledge of how to interact with customers, as well as understanding hygiene and safety in the workplace. Not only is it an enjoyable subject but after our Barista course is completed, we are able to make ourselves coffees every Friday!
Year 12 Tourism Class 2